This week, the Catalan book fair takes place and it is the last book fair before the start of the school year. I know it sounds horrible but when the school year starts, then the total normality comes back, and it is a pity for some of us or a relief for some others. Anyway, what I would like to encourage is to start the school year with a book, because good stories always help and, for the readers that find in reading real moments of peace, of relaxation and well-being, it is really a luxury to have a book fair that helps to choose the adventure that will help you with the beginning of your routine.
Is there anything better than a good book to read during the weekends of September at a terrace when it’s no longer hot, but not cold neither? Or when you get home, tired of the entire day, what is better than sitting on the couch to keep on with that reading that has trapped you, even if it’s late, when all are sleeping and you have that half an hour just for yourself. It is definitely a luxury, and we have many novels that, if you haven’t read them yet, you should not miss… Because there is a book for every reader, as I have said many times, and all you have to do is meet with one another. That’s why this fair is an ideal time to choose. Let us remind you some of our novelties:
- LA HIJA DEL CAPITÁN GROC, by Víctor Amela, which is sweeping the market, because it captures both men and women, it is a great epic story but it also deals with feelings.
- ETHERIA by Coia Valls, the story of an intrepid traveler of the fourth century, and the last novel of a writer that no longer needs presentation.
- UN AÑO Y MEDIO by Sílvia Soler, more than a novel, it is a real brand of the house that leads us to think about life and family.
- SUEÑOS A MEDIDA by Núria Pradas, the novel tells a gripping story about fashion and the beginning of the flagship store of Barcelona, Santa Eulalia.
- EL TIEMPO DE LA LUZ by Sílvia Tarragó, focused on the galleries of the Avenue of Light, these galleries no longer exist but they had their moment of glory in Barcelona, and lives there put their bit.
- LA MONTAÑA MALDITA by Begoña García Carteron, another historical novel with strong characters that reveals a very turbulent period of Barcelona, in a state of siege. Some powerful female characters that give us life to a hard history, and that many of us were unaware of.
- OPERACIÓ JUDES, by Jordi Solé, black and exciting novel of the detective Pol Vidal who, along with Detective Boix by Albert Villaró, and his novel LA BÍBLIA ANDORRANA, are a great gift for fans of this genre.
- UN PERRO by Alejandro Palomas, a fantastic novel that goes right to your heart, like UNA MADRE, that has already been reedited 11 times.
- DIAMANTE AZUL by Care Santos, magnificent novel by the great author of Mataró, whose mark transports us again to the first decades of the twentieth century.
- EL INFORME AHNENERBE, by Santi Baró, historical thriller, very well written, it will hook you up from the first page.
- LA FILLA DE LILITH by Glòria Sabaté, historical novel of medieval times in Barcelona. A new voice that we recommend without a doubt for the readers of that genre.
Here I leave a link about the official web of the fair, where will see the activities of the fair and the signatures of the authors. I encourage you to take a walk around the cathedral, always pleasant, so that you may find that book that will help you with the start of the season. As you can see, there is something for everyone and a book is always a gift so, although the slope of September is harsh, reading is a perfect complement and despite what some people would think, it is not expensive. So, have a good weekend full of readings and, as the slogan of the Fair says, DEVOUR THEM! And I would add: then you go for more.